MY TEACHER,  MY SCHOOL (MY IMPACTORS), Ebenezer Okyere (Sir O, Obstech)

My gifted sir/mentor,

Undoubtedly, it's been that very very long time since we heard from each other. I hope the life is feelingly going well? Over here, the Grace is very much sufficient.

Sir, I write this piece purposely to thank you in  particular and  the entire teachers (both present n past ) for the invaluable sacrifices that  helped shape our  lives during our stay in  school - 2001-2004.

Today, thanks to the  unfeigned love and grace of God, I'm a teacher of English language in a public S.H.S (Obrachire Senior High School) a dream it never dawned on me or I  envisaged, courtesy your celestial inspiration and mentorship.

My mentor, my Sir, while in school, I admired your incredibly beautiful accent and fluency with which you spoke appreciably. Your varied techniques in delivering  lessons anytime you came to class is superbly amazing. As for your dressing, awww my gracious God, it was always always mind blowing. Goooosh! Your student- teacher relationship was markedly - gentlemanly and learnable. Motivation/admonishment was like your  daily devotion to us.

Truth be told, I wanted to be modelled after you in: speaking, teaching and doing everything as far as the  LANGUAGE is concerned. Mentor, as I piece these Hearty  words in my humble room, I can say without any equivocation that I'm a talented teacher of English language and Literature - In- English, hahah....no self conceitedness, my gifted sir,  it is one of those irrevocable values you inculcated in me before I left the four corridors of the then regarded 'vulnerable-village' school, self - confidence. Please Sir, I vividly remember my exclusive invitation by you to your dad's magnificent, plush and conspicuous handiwork of nature....hmmm.....what a mansion, FUTURE on my mind...hmmm.

Indeed, my mentor/sir, it was my first time at that beautiful enclave of our dear country, Ghana. In fact, for your solemn information,  it was that invitation which taught me the value of self confidence and respect for scholarship. Wow! Sir, you inspirationally uttered, " Eben, some of you (students) qualify to be in Mfantsipim or  any of the first class schools in the country. But this is where nature placed you,' you are as good as those students in those schools. " My mentor, that was an unforgettable moment that spurred me on the more and it is a priceless hallmark of what an excellent and selfless  teacher can do to bring out the best in a hopeless student from a poor school,  bringing about a lasting transformation. You epitomised fairness and firmness  in handling student - related issues. Frankness was an innate dose for you. The cultural and cumulative gift of readership and debating dexterities you (my teachers) spiritedly inbuilt us are my 'weapons' for success today.

Having reflected with much sobriety over these,  I have decided to make my unfeigned daily inner feelings  towards our beautiful school (Akroso Senior High School) AKROSEC,  you as my mentor and  indeed, the entire past and present teachers as A HEART OF GRATITUDE TO MY TEACHER/MENTOR, as well as several UNSUNG heroes who are teachers for imparting success.

Sir, I can say without any any iota of doubt that there are several other past students who doubly have such similar appreciative words for both our school and you,  OUR PROUD TEACHERS.

We will in soonest complement our hearty expressions with practical attachments. We will not tell you that your  reward is in heaven. No, no! It is partly here on planet earth for your manifestation no matter how  widow's mite it may be. Demonstrably, we will celebrate you DEARLY

As I sign off with my my verbal expression of gratitude here, I want to assure you that the seeds that God through you sowed are growing all over in the country and beyond. You virtually made WHOLE out of EMPTINESS
You (our teachers) are complete UNEQUIVOCATION of "let's create man in our image," said by God.  We will continually be proud of you and our dearest- humble school, as well as  outshine our equals with your mentioning in our mouths to immortalise you and our beloved school.

Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, as your soul is getting along well. 3 John 2. God bless you endlessly.

Your impacted student/mentee.

Ebenezer Okyere (Sir O)
2001- 2004, 0245785314.

pls help spread to appreciate the impact of teachers on students n society

Comments

Popular Posts