Crush in Class- Episode 1

*Special dedication to all (old and current) students/staff of SWESCO and members of Methodist Church Ghana*
 
Although he does not have an imposing and corpulent image, his dark-skinned flesh complimented by his well-trimmed black curly hair and thick but soothing voice apprehended my attention immediately he entered the class. 

I was actually thrown into frenzy when I saw him, a gentle-demeanoured teacher whose sense of fashion was on point, at least, per my standards of what great fashion consisted of. 

“Hello class, my name is FADA and…” was all I could hear the new teacher of English Language utter, all what he said afterwards sounded like a cool “Celine Dionic” RnB song in my ears.

I always heard my friends talk about love at first sight but I thought such a phenomenon is a mere happenstance in fairy tales and telenovellas and therefore does not occur in real life. Even when I barely came to agree that such a phenomenon could be a potential realism, I thought it still would go through some processes from perhaps liking the person, then to regular communication with the person, and finally falling in love with the person. But Sir FADA, as he wished to be called, has given me a new dimension and real definition of what love at first sight is all about. 

I had uncompromisingly been victimized by the new teacher’s romantic appeal and thus, I was ever ready and willing to dash out my pride (i.e. my virginity) to him anytime, anywhere, anyhow he asks for it.

“…yeess you” he said, pointing in my direction, obviously noticing my absent-mindedness. As if under a spell, I quickly stood upright with my hands by my sides and leaning forward just to show him my medium-sized boobs vividly drawn in my tight-fitting neatly ironed uniform, I responded, “Sir FADA, I am Queenstar, I ...” I intentionally opened my say with that to let him know my name, at least, that would make me the first person in the class to have registered my name in his mind. That to me was a good initiating step. “I did not ask of your name, I asked what an adverb phrase was”, thinking I did not hear the question, interruptingly, he repeated himself. I had heard the question clearly, I knew the answer perfectly, but mission first before any academic work.

After teaching for about thirty-five to forty minutes, he scribbled a few questions on the board, stood invigilatingly for about ten minutes and calmly left the class with the instruction “class prefect, collect the books and take them to my office”.  Whoever or whatever instigated Sir FADA to leave such an instruction might have really been listening to the cry of my heart for the past forty to fifty minutes. All I needed was an opportunity to have a one-on-one interaction with this charming teacher and here was I, presented with the opportunity. This is one advantage I get as a class prefect- I could get close to any teacher I wish via submission of books et al.

In about five minutes time, with all the exercise books in my hands, I stood behind his door and knocked. After knocking for three times, a voice said “yes, come in”, interrupting my forth knock.
Watch out for Episode 2.

By: Daniel Arkoh Fenyi
Send comments, critiques, feedbacks, etc to 0242937017(through call/Whatsapp)
Copied: creativewritinggh.blogspot.com

#Post to all group pages
#Send to all old and current students/staff of SWESCO
#Send to all members of Methodist Church-Ghana.

Comments

Popular Posts