DAYBREAK- Daniel Arkoh Fenyi


By Daniel Arkoh Fenyi 

As I open the door
Waking up from the floor
Where forty bodies lie
With no breast milk to suck
And no rod to correct
I look down to that tall road

Filled with dark hope, my office
Left to the mercy of mean human beings
Who refuse to give me my due
After carrying heavy loads on my back and head
Only few coins they drop

Food is not guaranteed
Shelter is not guaranteed
Fate determines what happens to me
They say the best comes from the ‘worst’

Though we are all strangers here
Some are treated as hosts
Food, shelter are guaranteed them
With the passing of months and years
Hope looms

We trust tomorrow to bring us a better life
Anticipating the day we will leave this street
Put on our suit and tie
And start a good life

With no formal education
It is just a mirage
But hardwork do not break bones
Am going to work hard to build an office
Where I can enter with suit and tie

They say, one doesn’t need education
He needs determination and dedication

Life is unfair
This is my share
And that’s the reality
But tomorrow, I’ll open the door again.

Comments

Popular Posts