MY SHADOW- Daniel Arkoh Fenyi


By Daniel Arkoh Fenyi

As I walk beside my black shadow
He becomes my only friend.
The world has turned his back at me
Disappointment walks around me, left and right.

Only light rays can give birth to my friend
Like sun scorches me hard.
But what are friends for
I suffer the heat to see him.

My only friend, walks with me.
He understands me than any other
We can't chat but he eats with me.

How God knew I will need a friend
When the world leaves me
Makes him my Master.

He’s too black I can’t see his face.
Why does he always stand
In the place my feet stands?
Can I trust him?

I feel he’s competing with me for space
But what are friends for?
My shadow, you understand me more than them all
How could I have lived without you?
In a world where everybody lives for himself
You live for me.

How I wish our friendship never ends
But darkness comes
And I need you most
Evening dawns and you are disappearing.
Shadow! Where are you?

I am lost
I can’t trust anybody, you too?
In the dark when I need you the most
You have left me.

Am going back to God, who brought you
To ask where he has taken you.
I lay down, close my eyes
And the travelling machine begins to snore.

Comments

Popular Posts