MAMA AFRICA MOURNS- Daniel Arkoh Fenyi

My children
All family and kindred
I walk with bitterness
Because you are visionless.

I offered you hope
Thinking that you will cope
But you and corruption have hooked
And ignored what the Holy Writ booked.

I remember my great sons
Who sacrificed their blood in tonnes
Kwame Nkrumah, Patrice Lumumba, and others.
They had great powers

The power of love and commitment for country.
But today, in less than a century
I am tattered
And the hope I offered is shattered

Through greedy and selfish leaders
Who only seek to kill their haters
And dehumanize the people
Because they are feeble.

I am bleeding
And I call on all who are sleeping
Wake up and fight
Fight and Fight and Fight!

Children are dying of hunger
And that is a danger
On the future generation.
Am tired of such abomination,

Women are black, beautiful and nicely carved
But they are starved
The kitchen is empty
And their stomachs are empty.

Men have no money to buy and sell
Who can they tell?
Nobody seems to care anymore
Walking aimlessly in my corridor.

Comments

Popular Posts