THE PAST TO COME- Daniel Arkoh Fenyi


by Daniel Arkoh Fenyi

From zero to zero
Dust to Dust
Nothing to Nothing
Life is indeed nothing.
                   
When I was young
Full of energy and blood
Moving up and down
I never thought
The day comes quick.

Like my past days
When I was a toddler
When I needed
Someone to bath me
Someone to fetch water
Someone to wash my things
Someone to throw my rubbish away.

I wished I grew up quick
To avoid dependence.

But I have grown old
Only to walk into the awkward past
Old age! Old age! Old age!

The past has come to me again
The days when I lived at people’s mercy
I could do nothing without people.

At ninety-nine, I have visited kidhood
I depend on people for survival
How pitiful!

I now know life is like a spiral
It goes round to come back
To where it begun.


Comments

Popular Posts